Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Thoughts on APWR

As an astute investor of APWR, I began noticing in myself that I am developing a love-hate relationship with this company.

For one, this company is one of my strongest conviction holding till date. I see plenty of opportunities in this growth company that is being involved in the upstart of the wind energy development globally. I am very bullish about the future prospect of this company and I believe that it will be a $30 stock by the end of 2010.

However, if there is one aspect of the company that I will love to see some immediate changes, that will be its "TRANSPARENCY". As a shareholder who maintains a close tab on the company, I have to admit that there are times when the company drives me crazy with regard to her conduct of transparency, or a lack of to say. Being open and transparent is of paramount importance because you need to keep the shareholders in the loop of whats happening. Let me run through what are some of the areas that I think APWR need a serious relook.

1. The website is outdated and does not present much information to feed the information hungry investors.

2. I have heard of so many contracts being won and that the firm is in progress of building many turbines for delivery. Could we see some of the pictures of your factory or video of the manufacturing process.

3. Investor relations is sorely lacking because my email to the company has gone unanswered till this date. Is there even a corporate communications department in APWR?

4. The company will do well if they could furnish the shareholders with their batteplan on how they intend to execute the huge orders coming in as well as the financing portion of their projects. These are critical information that investors will need to know to conduct meaningful analysis and execute their judgement. Until the day I get this information, I still see APWR as a black box and I certainly do not want it to fall into the category of dubious and empty-shelled Chinese Company that is all but a big fraudulous organization.

In this age of information technology, where timely information is critical for investors, APWR cannot afford to be so lackluster in its investor relations. Its time to pull up your socks, APWR. Dont make your shareholders upset. You got to do better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment